Thank you to Perth Girl for nominating me for the Liebster award. I’m not sure what to do, so I’m following the instructions on your site… It’s all very mysterious but very exciting for a term-time early Monday morning. I think this is a very special Aussie honour.
As I look more closely, I see there is quite a bit of work to do to accept this award in the spirit in which it is given, so I’ll have to attend to it later.
I follow Perth Girl’s blogs because they reflect a real Christian life and are full of common-sense, humour, compassion and hope in day-to-day modern living (with an Aussie flavour 😀 ).
Liebster Award is internet based and given by bloggers to fellow
bloggers. The idea is to help connect with and support other bloggers.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
5. Make up to 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Notify your 11 nominees.
11 facts about myself
- I ‘m a child of God
- Some days my name is Mammy
- Some days I’m Nana-D
- Sometimes I’m Aunty Beany
- Some days I’m “Miss!”
- I’m a sister and a friend
- I don’t have a TV, but I watch lots of DVDs
- I love other people’s stories – hearing, reading and watching them
- I write all the time to try to hold my thoughts still
- I like walking and exploring and playing with children
- I love words – in any language and none – I called my friend a Brexpert this morning and myself a lexpert. A child drew me a neepo later at preschool.
Perth Girl’s questions to me are:
- Describe yourself in 3 words? Spirit, Body, Mind
- What is the hardest lesson you have learned? Saying No
- If you could leave one thing behind that people will remember you by, what would that be? Encouragement
- Name one book you have read more than once? Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendac
- Have you ever conquered a fear? Every day, but I haven’t killed them yet.
- What do you wish you knew more about? The Kingdom/ Heart of God
- What has been the most unexpected thing you have come across in your blogging journey? This Liebster Award and all the questions
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their life? Grow a fruit or vegetable from seed and eat the harvest
- Road trip or Train trip? Train
- Favourite Tv show, ever? N/A
- What is the best advice you ever received? Don’t judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his moccasins- (because by then you’ll be a mile away and you’ll still have his shoes! 😀 )
My nominees are: ( I hope I can find 11 – sorry, but I’m struggling to find 11 who have fewer than 200 followers…)
My questions to my nominees are:
1 – Do you prefer writing or speaking?
2 – What thoughts get you up in the morning?
3- What’s your favourite quote?
4 – How many names do you have and which is your favourite?
5 – What do you like most about yourself?
6 – Where is your favourite place in the world?
7 – if you could change something in the world, what would it be?
8 – what is your favourite film?
9 – what is your favourite story?
10 – If you could be an animal for a day, what would it be?
11 – Who are your heroes?